|Department:||Consulting - Enterprise Risk Management|
Position SummaryBFL CANADA is seeking an Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Consultant to support the ongoing development of the new Canadian ERM practice. This is an exciting, new opportunity for the right candidate to assist in the building of a new consulting practice for BFL CANADA. This position will have high visibility within the practice and will report to the National Practice Leader and will be based in Vancouver, BC, CANADA. The primary purpose of the role is to ensure that all engagements meet the scope of services and deliverables and are implemented on time and on budget.
This is a very broad role, and the successful candidate will need to draw upon a combination of depth in general management consulting and risk management experience and competence together with outstanding interpersonal skills and business acumen. Being responsible for supporting the development of the ERM practice will require strong initiative, analytical and presentational skills as well as being a good listener.
- Manage and maintain details of all ERM prospects within the chosen CRM platform.
- Assist with the preparation of prospect presentations, including marketing and promotional materials.
- Assist with prospect qualifications, including background research on target organizations.
- Improve and refine the overall business development process.
- Manage and maintain project documentation and communications within the chosen project collaboration platform.
- Analysis of project documentation, including but not limited to: documents provided by the client, interview notes, and documents available within the public domain.
- Support the pre-and-post-deployment of online surveys (where applicable) used in support of engagements.
- Provide consultative support in developing project recommendations and action plans.
- Coordinate efforts and resources to complete the draft and final engagement reports.
- Assist with ongoing project management.
- Assist in the development and formalization of project management governance including policies and procedures in support of project implementations
Skills and Abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with proven ability in communicating with senior executives
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Ability to negotiate and be persuasive
- Ability to simplify, analyze and explain complex issues
- Able to review business processes and determine opportunities for improvement
- Ability and willingness to work at both an overview and detailed level
- Self-starter/independent worker
- The ability to manage time, manage projects, meet deadlines and prioritize
- Computer skills – excellent working knowledge of MS Office, advanced Excel skills would be an asset
Education and Qualifications
- College degree, MBA preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in management consulting preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in risk management preferred
- Related industry qualifications, and relevant professional certifications will be an asset
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications